CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Independent Reading Journal #1

Today, I had a chance to read some poems and short stories written by people around my age. Reading the Inkblots was quite surprising, because unexpectedly, there were so many good pieces of writings that I first thought they were written by at least amatuar writers. The theme was also very abstract: pride and self-control. However, the writers expressed their thoughts towards the topic in a very creative way. For instance, one of my favorite poems of the Inkblotz, Pride, written by Jason Rhim, described 'pride' through our five senses. The more I read, the more I wanted to know about the subject that the author was talking about; the poem successfully grabs the readers' attention. I also liked the way that Tanner described the pride; it was depicted as if it were a beast looking for its prey.

0 comments: